WBS Chart Pro is a Windows-based project management software application that is used to create and display projects using a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) Chart. A WBS chart displays the structure of a project showing how a project is organized into summary (phase) and detail levels. Using a WBS chart is a more intuitive approach to planning and displaying a project.
WBS Chart Pro can be used for project planning
- As a planning tool, use WBS Chart Pro to quickly sketch a project plan on the screen using a "Top-Down" approach. Click with the mouse to define Phases (Summary Tasks) and Subtasks. Doubleclick a task to add schedule information like Duration, Start Date, Finish Date, Cost, Work, etc. WBS Chart Pro automatically rolls up (summarizes) the data to each level of the chart. Assign resources, track costs, hours and completion, all from within WBS Chart Pro...
- Plans created in WBS Chart Pro can be maintained and managed separately, transferred directly to Microsoft Project or transferred to any program that can read the "MPX" file format. You can transfer a WBS chart to Microsoft Project at any time with the simple click of a button. All of the information you entered in WBS Chart Pro is automatically transferred to Microsoft Project.
- Although WBS Chart Pro can work seamlessly with Microsoft Project you do not need Microsoft Project to use WBS Chart Pro as a standalone application. You can use WBS Chart Pro all by itself to create WBS charts like the one shown above.
WBS Chart Pro can be used with Microsoft Project
- WBS Chart Pro can be used to generate WBS charts directly from existing Microsoft Project plans. WBS Chart Pro uses the Outline created in Microsoft Project to generate a hierarchical view of the data. A WBS toolbar button can be installed into Microsoft Project for easy transfer of data. As you organize and change your project in Microsoft Project, a WBS chart of that data is only a button away.
- The interface between Microsoft Project and WBS Chart Pro is completely seamless and bi-directional. When you create a WBS chart of an existing Microsoft Project plan, all changes made in the WBS chart are immediately reflected in the Microsoft Project plan. This means that you can add, delete, reorganize and update tasks in your Microsoft Project plan using the WBS chart. No other charting software on the market today allows this level of functionality for managing your Microsoft Project plans.
- In addition, WBS charts can be created first in WBS Chart Pro and then transferred directly to Microsoft Project. When a WBS chart is transferred to Microsoft Project, all of the task and resource information entered into the WBS chart is automatically transferred to Microsoft Project where additional scheduling can be performed. You can then continue to switch back and forth between Microsoft Project and WBS Chart Pro as needed.